Volunteer Role: Interpreters Arabic, Farsi or Korean
Published date: 01 September 2017
Closing date: 31 October 2017
Main objectives of the role: The volunteer Interpreters will spend either two, six or 10 hours per week supporting the delivery of our new Bespoke Vocational Workshops, Pre-entry ESOL classes and 1:1 Guidance. This is a central role in helping refugees to improve their English language and vocational skills for employment. The BBO RAISE programme is funded by the Big Lottery Fund and ESF.
- Experienced in interpreting or trained/professionally qualified in interpreting in a learning or face to face environment.
- Able to verbally communicate fluently in the language required as well as in English with attentive listening skills.
- Work as part of a team in a professional manner, implement confidentiality and impartiality and maintain clear professional boundaries throughout session.
- Comfortable in the delivery of consecutive interpretation within a learning and advisory environment.
- Have an interest in issues that affect refugees and asylum seekers in gaining sustainable employment of their choice.
- To promote Refugee Action Kingston by supporting its aims and objectives with the aim of increasing awareness of the services.
- Can commit to volunteering for a minimum of six months.
- Attend Refugee Action Kingston (RAK) Induction
- Attend relevant training sessions and courses subsequent to RAK induction.
- Attend supervision meetings and group meetings as required.
- All volunteers will be asked if they are prepared to have a DBS check in accordance with national policy.
- Direct supervision given by Information, Advice and Guidance Employment Coordinator
Hours / Days / Location:
- The times and days and where the interpreting takes place can be negotiated with the Information, Advice and Guidance Employment Coordinator.
All sessions will be delivered in the borough of Kingston upon Thames.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Additional information and application form can be found at.
Please email your completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org