Volunteer Role: Fundraiser
Published date: 08 February 2018
Closing date: 08 March 2018
Main objectives of the role:
We are looking for a volunteer fundraiser to support our director in making grant/trust applications for restricted and unrestricted funds.
- Identifying new funding sources (UK trusts and foundations).
- Identifying suitable programmes and projects to present to donors in consultation with the relevant staff.
- Assisting in producing and submitting high quality funding project proposals to secure both restricted and unrestricted funding as required.
- Maintaining a tracking system for grants, ensuring organisational awareness of contractual obligations relating to funds awarded.
- Assisting with administration of grants, including thank you letters and other correspondence.
- Have an interest in issues that affect refugees and asylum seekers from achieving their personal development objectives and gaining sustainable employment of their choice.
We expect the candidate to have excellent writing skills in English; be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; have knowledge of and/or interest in fundraising for charities; and be a good communicator.
- Attend Refugee Action Kingston (RAK) Induction.
- Attend relevant training sessions and courses subsequent to RAK induction.
- Attend supervision meetings and group meetings as required.
- All volunteers will be asked if they are prepared to have a DBS check in accordance with national policy.
Hours / Days / Location:
1 to 2 days per week (flexible)
Work can be either at Siddeley House, 50 Canbury Park Road, Kingston or from home.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org